here's the back-
sometimes a sewing project is blessed-and this was one. I had only 1 yard of the great pink floral, so I really fudged the cutting, but squeaked out just enough fabric. The lemon-y pockets are made of 4 layers of yellow tulle, which was slippery as all get-out, but I used my head (and had some patience for once) and based before I did the bias trim. I'm really diggin the frosted look of the tulle pockets-ahh-very refreshing. .(I sound like a mountain dew commercial)
some fun applique lemon slices on the pocket, and my hand, demonstrating the sheer pocket (pete's idea). This apron went together really fast. well, except the bias trim. It took 3 whole packets, by the way. I highly recommend using a vintage pattern for this style of apron. I know I keep saying " I can just draft one up by looking at the illustration" yeah, well, I couldn't have done that with this style. The half aprons I think you can sort of make up as you go, but for the fitted smock/full apron thing, a vintage pattern is the way to go for sure. (another ebay habit rears it's ugly head) okay-on to the sock monkey!