The red wool cape is done and I can't believe how long it took. Remind me not to use binding again when I could have so easily lined this. I am really happy with how it looks, but hand-stitching the satin binding all on one side was tedious, especially when I put it on the wrong side, so on most of the cape, the hand-stitched side is facing out, not in. genius. Well, I am still happy with it. I wanted it super simple with nothing detracting from it's red-ness. so I used a hidden hook and eye closure at the neck, not a toggle button. And the wool is really nice, not to stiff, so it has a bit of swing. I sure hope Sadie will wear it. (ha!)
here's the book we have been reading to Sadie to prepare her. It's illustrations are lovely. The wolf, who is turning one right after Halloween, is barfing today. I hope is doesn't spread to everyone in the house.
The vintage pattern (from the generous Hillary) that I used. This was so simple and wonderful my poor girls are going to look like hobbits before long. I will have to make many more of these and they will get teased for looking like they are from middle earth. well, there are worse things to be teased about. .
The simple unadorned front