I found some of this eyelet trim while rummaging through my sewing stuff. I have to reorganize my sewing desk. It's so out of control. I was so happy to find just the right length to make this crown, inspired by this book I posted about a bit back.
I sewed a length of pipe cleaner on the inside (this is the outside here, you can see the zig-zag stitching at the bottom if you squint) so it would stay curved around tiny heads. I turned the pipe cleaner ends in on themselves, they are sharp!
Then I folded the short ends up twice, stitched, and then sewed on Velcro. You can see the white pipe cleaner stitched along the bottom—it doesn't need to go the whole length. This fits both girls which was crucial because I only have one right now. I love the sweetness and simplicity of these.
And so does Liddy!