I need to blog about these items (numbered for handy reference) so I can get them out of my head and go to sleep :
1. Thanks for all the cheese making tips! I knew you'd all have a bunch of great info about this.
2. I don't have this vintage wooden nesting doll family, but I really want it. Everything the fine folks at Three Potato Four sell, vintage and new, make me so happy. I have been feeling a strong urge to paint wood. Something like this. For supplies, there is so much unpainted wood here, I am tempted to order again. Seeing these nesting dolls makes me realize I still need to paint a set for Liddy. But not red and white. God, that was a mistake, painting Sadie's and Delia's both red and white, or white and red. What was I thinking? I ended up writing "S" and "D" on the bottom of them so I wouldn't have an aneurysm everytime I tried to put them away and would get the sets mixed up. They would almost fit back together but not quite, causing me to totally freak out.
3. I don't think I need to do a blind hem tutorial because there is a great one here on Threadbanger. No stick heads, but come on! Seriously, it's really good. The blind hemming part is a few minutes into the video, so just keep watching.
4. There is a good tutorial for using FOE without stretching it, just as a binding on a knit shirt, over at SewZanne's.
5. I am geeking on these over at Martha. I feel like I have a photographic memory of all her craft projects, but I somehow missed this one and now I must bust out my wood burner and potentially start a fire. The girls say I am a fire starter, but I'm not. I am a burner, however. Especially a toast burner.
6. I am so torn because I really wanted to try chicken scratch for the Tie One On gingham theme but now I am leaning towards a gingham Wizard of Oz Dorothy-style pinafore for dress up for the girls. Sadie said she would need ruby slippers too, (of course) and that Liddy could be a munchkin. Ha! How can I say no to that? There's great info and lovely photos over on Keri Made about chicken scratch work on gingham. Now I am going to bed.