Here's a new underwear set, this time from Pete's old t-shirt. The undies are from the sleeve (I made two pairs) and the long camisole/short nightie is from the shirt part. A few things-
- Although I love stretch lace, I think it's a bit stretchy for the straps. I am going to try narrow lingerie elastic next time.
- Tissue t-shirts kind of make me mad. They wear out so fast, are usually kind of see through and are too soft and stretchy for undies, in my opinion. These stay up fine, but I think a thicker t-shirt makes for a nicer set.
- Using the existing hem of the t-shirt as the hem of the camisole/nightie top makes this so very easy and makes me feel clever, and I love feeling clever.
- I used the same t-shirt fabric for the gusset, eliminating the contrasting fabric gusset, which although one doesn't see all the time (presumably), is nice and understated.
- I also finally encased both seams on the gusset piece, which is easy, but kind of a weird moebius strip-type thing to do. This made for a much nicer finish and looks much more professional. On the other hand not matching my thread on the inside was a little less professional looking (me = lazy) so let's just call it a deconstructed/raw look and pretend that's exactly I was going for.
- I am really digging this new comment platform Typepad has. I can reply much easier now to questions and am really having fun with it. I also like the new feature which allows you all to reply to each other. So cool.
- I am having a book giveaway over on Tie One On, so check it out! (There's a catch.)