Adam, stop reading now
I gave my brother pretty great birthday gifts this year, so I'm going to keep it pretty small for this holiday gift giving but I am always on the lookout for gift ideas for him. He's pretty hard to shop for. It's much easier giving him handmade items. He has a ton of my artwork and handmade stationary I have given him, along with custom letterpress stationary, engraved cards, a vintage typewriter, paper-cuts, awesome old suitcases, vintage books, gold coins, and stuff like that. Contenders this year are:
- iRig (that guitar thingy for your iphone)
- WTF self inking stamp from Fred Flare
- Desktop Onager from the Maker Shed
- antique letter opener on etsy from The Vintage Wife
- ebony wooden guitar pick on etsy from Brossard Picks
- 1956 Shelock Holmes Vintage Book Journal from Renovated Books on etsy
I'd love to knit him a scarf (that won't be happening this year) but he never seems to be cold. Also, he might lose it. Just sayin'. He's a stuff loser. He is also a very funny gift giver and now uses this talent to both disturb me and make his nieces squeal with glee. Like with the ant farm he gave Sadie last year. Or the commercial sized old-timey gumball machine (on an iron stand) he is giving the girls this year. (Help me.) Or the preserved ready-to-dissect frog that he is giving my middle child this Christmas. She who has shown a keen interest in seeing what's inside of stuff and how things are made. It's going to be a good year.
- The Apple Cider aprons are up over at Tie One On. Please take a look— they are so lovely.
- The Best of November gallery (filled of amazing creations by fashion sewers) is up over on Burda Style. I LOVE looking at these galleries. So inspiring!
- In Portland this weekend is the Crafty Wonderland Super Colossal Holiday Sale. It's all ages and it's free! Looks like a crazy good time!