I sewed this dress (Simplicity 2247) and am really happy with how it turned out. It's part of Simplicity's AmazingFit series, which provides a lot of tips about making it fit just right. It also has different cup sizes, which is pretty crucial for princess seams. This higher waist is really flattering. I was going for a 1930s day dress and it really has that look. I got the super lightweight cotton at Mill Ends here in portland and it really flows—it actually feels more like a soft rayon. I drafted a collar and added it just on the front. It is sewn into the shoulder seams so it won't get flippy under cardigans in back. I also didn't put in the zipper because there was plenty of ease on this dress, it pulls over just fine.
It's a good pattern, I definitely will be sewing another one. I was so inspired last year when I saw the costumes in the movie version of Ballet Shoes. Just beautiful.
On a different sewing note:
I extend the Tie On One apron deadline until June 1st to give everyone a little more time. Thanks for all the submissions so far!