I have been tinkering with pumpkin bread/cake recipes again. I have posted a few in the past and keep making changes here and there. This one is currently my favorite and I think it will be for a long time. It's from the excellent Grand Central Baking book (recipe here) and I changed 3 things:
- I used white whole wheat flour instead of white and sadly,
- I never have buttermilk so I used yogurt instead
- I made it in a bundt pan (and increased the cooking time) instead of two loaf pans. The second one I made last week I added chocolate chips to.
- We are teaching the girls computer programming—we just heard of code.org a bit back and have been doing it for about a month now. It's pretty amazing. Pretty, swear-word amazing.
- I have been getting looser with my knitting rules and now have 4 projects going on at once. Look out! Really, this is huge for me. When I sew, it's one project at a time, and always has been so breaking of out of this mindset has been huge for me with knitting. I had to come to terms with my knitting burn-out and that it's often because I have been working on one item for too long. If I focus on taking pleasure in the knitting (process) and let go of the need for a finished item as quickly as possible (product) I tend to enjoy it a whole lot more. So, I might cast on this tonight. Make that 5 projects.